Our fund formation practice is a leader in its field. We were selected by the Israeli Ministry of Finance (following a competitive bid in which many of Israel's law firms participated) to advise the government in the formation of the Manof Funds which were established at the height of the 2008 global financial crisis in order to provide liquidity for the Israeli distressed-debt market.
The firm’s advocates have performed services for an array of leading private investment funds, including Israel’s first leveraged buyout fund, Israel’s first venture lending fund, some of Israel’s largest venture capital funds, and numerous other Israeli and foreign investment funds varying in size, focus and areas of expertise.
In many transactions Naschitz Brandes Amir has also organized the formation of one or more mirror funds in various locations, to invest in tandem with Israel-related portfolio companies. The firm has handled all aspects of fund legal work, including Israeli and international tax issues related to the structuring and restructuring of funds, preparation of the offering documents, drafting management agreements, negotiating the terms and conditions of transactions, investments and divestments of funds, investor relations issues, liquidation of funds and reporting issues.
- Formed an $800 million fund for FIMI private equity fund - the largest private equity fund ever established by an Israeli private equity fund. In addition, formed all other funds sponsored by FIMI.
- We represent FIMI, Israel's most active private equity fund, in all its investment and divestiture transactions (approximately 70 investments and divestitures to date).
- Formed a $200 million fund for OrbiMed Healthcare Management Fund.
- Formed FITE – First Israeli Turnaround Enterprise - the first Israeli private equity fund investing in turnaround situations.
- Formed the Plenus venture lending funds, the leading Israeli venture fund. We also represent Plenus in all its investment transactions.
- Formed venture capital funds such as the Giza Venture Capital Funds and the Vertex Venture Capital Funds.
- Represent venture capital funds such as Giza Ventures, Vertex Capital, Pitango Ventures, Carmel Ventures, BRM Capital and Canaan Partners in their investments in early-stage companies.
- Represented the KCPS Manof Fund, a distressed-debt fund, in most of its investments.