Sharon A. Amir | Partner
Widely acknowledged as one of the most distinguished M&A attorneys in Israel, Head of the firm’s M&A practice, senior partner Sharon Amir specializes in domestic and international cross-border mergers and acquisitions, the formation of private equity funds, including venture capital, venture lending, mezzanine and buy-out funds, and representation of funds in their ongoing activities and investment transactions.
During the course of his prolific career, Mr. Amir has advised on some of Israel’s most notable and most complex multijurisdictional M&A transactions, and has been involved in the structuring and representation of some of the largest venture capital, buyout and other investment funds operating in Israel. His clients include numerous investment funds as well as public and private, domestic and international companies across an extensive range of business sectors.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Amir clerked for the Israel Supreme Court (Justice S. Netanyahu), and spent several years working as a corporate and tax associate with the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.
Mr. Amir’s leading contribution in the field of M&A is recognized by many highly respected professional publications, including Chambers Global, The Legal 500, and IFLR1000. Chambers global is valuing his "ability to negotiate, and his very deep understanding of the business side as well as the legal aspects" and referring to him as a "smart cookie – experienced and responsive". IFLR1000, quoting a client: "the best M&A lawyer I've ever worked with", and The Legal500 describing him as "superb".
B.A. (cum laude) in Philosophy and Political Science, University of New South Wales (1987)
LL.B., Tel-Aviv University (1989)
LL.M. in Taxation (cum laude), New York University (1992)
• Representation of SanDisk in its $1.6 billion acquisition of msystems.
• Representation of the shareholders of Waze Ltd. In its $1.15 billion acquisition by Google.
•Representation of NASDAQ-listed EZchip Semiconductor in its $811 million acquisition by NASDAQ-listed Mellanox Technologies
• Representation of the shareholders of XtremeIO in its $430 million acquisition by EMC.
• Representation of the shareholders of PrimeSense in its $350 million acquisition by Apple.
• Representation of dbMotion in its $240 million acquisition by Allscripts.
• Representation of NASDAQ-listed EZchip Semiconductor in its $130 million acquisition of the US-based Tilera Corporation.
• Representation of FIMI Private Equity Funds – Israel's largest private equity funds. Advising in the formation of a series of four consecutive private equity funds for a total of $1.3 billion; representation in all investments and M&A transactions of FIMI, including recent investments in Ormat Industries, Gilat Satellites, TAT Technologies, Pharm-Up, C. Mer Industries, Ham-Let, Polyram Plastic Industries, Oxygen & Argon Works and Hadera Paper.
• Representation of Broadcom Corporation in most of its acquisitions in Israel including the acquisitions of Siliquent, Octalica, Percello, Sightic Vista and SC Square.
• Representation of Passave Inc. in its $300 million acquisition by PMC-Sierra.
• Representation of Ophir Optronics in its $240 million acquisition by Newport.
• Representation of Solbar in its $150 million acquisition by CHS.
• Representation of the controlling shareholders of MediaMind in its $520 million acquisition by DG Fast Channel.
• Representation of CA in its acquisition of Eurekify.
• Formation of various private equity funds, including: FIMI, Giza, Viola Credit (previously, Plenus), Vertex, OrbiMed and special advisor to the Israeli Government in the formation of the Manof Funds.