Yoav Razin is head of the firm's Commercial Litigation practice, comprising 13 partners and 17 associates. He is also a member of the firm's Executive Committee. Yoav is a prominent litigation lawyer who since 1998 has been focusing his practice primarily on commercial litigation matters and related corporate and contractual disputes. Over the years, Yoav accumulated vast experience in litigating large-scale multinational construction disputes, and shareholder disputes, and defending claims for negligence filed against D&Os, accountants, and attorneys in commercial settings.
Yoav has comprehensive and extensive trial and appellate experience, regularly appearing before a range of tribunals, arbitral bodies, and courts, including the ICC and the Israeli Supreme Court. He also acts as an arbitrator and mediator in large disputes in Israel.
Drawing on his broad domestic and international experience, Yoav advises large companies, funds, governmental institutions, partnerships, and insurance companies in Israel and in jurisdictions outside of it, including the US, the UK, and countries across Europe. Yoav's practice also extends to corporate, securities, and antitrust law. He advises and counsels clients on multinational corporate transactions, including advising some of the largest foreign industrial companies on their acquisitions and business activities in Israel.
In addition, Yoav acts for major domestic and international bidders in public tenders in Israel as well as in litigation proceedings involving public tenders. Mr. Razin represents some of Israel's largest government agencies and companies, including – inter alia - in their privatization efforts.
From 1992 to 1994, Mr. Razin worked as a sessional academic, lecturing in Administrative Law at the Tel-Aviv University Ramot College of Law. In 1997, he served as a special counsel at Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P in New York. While working abroad, and upon his return to Naschitz Brandes Amir, Mr. Razin represented both issuers and underwriters in some of the largest public offerings by Israeli companies on NASDAQ.
Mr.Razin is recognized for his expertise and standing in the areas of corporate and commercial litigation and dispute resolution by such leading international publications as Chambers Global and The Legal 500.
- Representing Shikun & Binui and TSK in various disputes arising out of delays in the construction of a power plant in Israel, including an ICC arbitration.
- Successfully represented Check Point in a multi-million USD shareholders dispute, including fending off a derivative action.
- Successfully represented Alfa Duty-Free Sàrl on an ICC arbitration in excess of US$360 million involving allegations of collusion in a public tender, fraud, and breach of competition law.
- Successfully represented FIMI in a multi-million NIS commercial claim relating to the interpretation and implementation of an adjustment mechanism in a share purchase agreement following a reverse triangular merger.
- Successfully represented FIMI in a multi-million USD claim brought by a commercial finder alleging entitlement to a finder's fee following one of FIMI's largest transactions.
- Successfully represented A. Arenson in a construction dispute of multi-million USD it filed against the Israeli Roads Company.
- Representing Shlomo Insurance Company in a multi-million NIS commercial claim, alleging misappropriation and infringement of trade secrets.
- Successfully represented a shareholder and his heirs in complex commercial disputes in multiple jurisdictions regarding his ownership of shares that were held in trust.
- Successfully represented an attorney in a professional liability claim in excess of NIS 100 million, filed by a shareholder against an attorney handling a series of complex transactions for the financing and sale of a company.
- Representing an international construction consortium in various disputes, including a multi-million USD ICC arbitration, arising out of the construction of a power plant in Israel.
- Representing a cooperative in a multi-million NIS arbitration regarding an agreement to establish wind turbines.
LL.B., Tel-Aviv University (1990)
19 July 2022Naschitz Brandes Amir Lawyers Secure Win for Alfa Duty-Free in a Major Tender Violation Claim