The Legal 500 EMEA 2022: Commercial, Corporate and M&A
Tal Eliasaf is Managing Partner of Naschitz Brandes Amir and a senior member of the firm’s Corporate Group. Tal focuses his practice on mergers & acquisitions, private equity transactions, venture capital investments, corporate law, commercial transactions, and securities law, with a particular emphasis on the technology industry and technology-related matters.
Tal joined Naschitz Brandes Amir as an intern in 2000 before progressing to associate in the Commercial Group. Between 2006 and 2007 Tal worked at Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York as an associate in the firm’s M&A practice. Tal was elected to partnership at the end of 2008 and at the beginning of 2017, he was appointed as Managing Partner of the firm, the position he’s held ever since.
Tal's primary expertise lies in structuring and negotiating complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, investments, joint ventures, and commercial agreements. His extensive client roster spans a variety of sectors, primarily within the technology space.
- The management of the NSO Group, a leading cyber-technology company, in the $800 million management buyout from Francisco Partners.
- EZchip Semiconductor (NASDAQ: EZCH) in its $811 million merger with Mellanox Technologies (NASDAQ: MLNX).
- Selling shareholders, headed by FIMI Opportunity Funds, in the sale of a 22% stake in Ormat Technologies (NYSE: ORA) to Japan-based Orix Corporation for approximately $630 million.
- Midea Group (000333: Shenzhen) in its NIS 650 million acquisition of Servotronix Motion Control.
- FIMI in its $150 million acquisition of a controlling stake in Ormat Technologies (NYSE: ORA).
- EZchip Semiconductor (NASDAQ: EZCH) in its $130 million acquisition of US-based Tilera Corporation.
- CyMotive Technology, a cybersecurity company, in its acquisition by Volkswagen AG (FRA: VOW3).
- Samsung Electronics (FRA: SSUN) in its asset transaction with Powermat Technologies.
- Caesarstone (NASDAQ: CSTE) in its acquisition of Omicron Supplies.
- Astroscale U.S. in its acquisition of Effective Space Solutions.
- Herolo Technologies in its sale to Abra Technologies (TASE: ABRA).
- Tami 4 in its NIS 320 million sale to H2Q-Strauss Group (TASE – listed).
- Ness Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTC) in its sale to SAP AG (FRA: SAP).
- Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ: CHKP) in its acquisition of a division of Nokia – Siemens.
LL.B. (cum laude), Reichman University (2000)
B.A in Business Administration (cum laude), Reichman University (2000)
LL.M. (summa cum laude), Tel Aviv University, in collaboration with the University of California, Berkeley (2007)
27 April 2023Naschitz Brandes Amir Partners Author Israel Chapter for Chambers Global Practice Guide: Corporate M&A 2023
20 April 2023Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises Volumez on $20 Million Series A
27 April 2022Naschitz Brandes Amir Lawyers Co-author Israel Chapter for 2022 Corporate M&A by Chambers and Partners