Chambers Global: Capital Markets and M&A
Tuvia Geffen heads the firm's international capital markets practice, is a senior member of the firm's M&A practice and is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Tuvia is recognized annually as a market leader in both Capital Markets and M&A by Chambers Global (2013-2023)) IFLR1000 (2013-2022 and 30th Edition) and The Legal 500 (2013-2022). Tuvia is also named annually on Who’s Who Legal: Capital Markets (2017-2022).
Tuvia’s practice focuses on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, financial institutions, and private equity. He has extensive experience in cross-border M&A and in equity and debt capital markets transactions, where he has acted for issuers, underwriters, global investment banks, SPACs and selling shareholders. His clients include a wide variety of multinational corporations operating in Israel or acquiring or investing in Israeli companies, Israeli companies with global activities or active in international capital markets, and global banks and financial institutions.
In addition, Tuvia provides ongoing corporate and securities advice to several Israeli public companies traded on NASDAQ, the New York Stock Exchange, the London Stock Exchange, and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, including Check Point, Wix, Tremor International, Innoviz Technologies, Gilat Satellite, Caesarstone, Sivota and Senstar Technologies.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Geffen worked as a capital markets and M&A lawyer with Sullivan & Cromwell in New York for eight years and completed his LL.M. at the University of Chicago Law School. Mr. Geffen also clerked at the Jerusalem District Court with Justice A. Procaccia.
"Tuvia is a popular figure among international counsel - he is entirely bicultural: completely at home in the US and completely at home in Israel. His approach is very hands-on and commercial. He's very user-friendly." (Chambers Global)
"Tuvia's an excellent capital markets lawyer - very pleasant to work with and very experienced. He's super responsive, hard-working, and practical." (Chambers Global)
"He is one of the most gifted lawyers I have met - he gives out-of-the-box solutions and is a deal maker.” (Chambers Global)
"Tuvia is a hard-working individual with extensive know-how of all legal details relating to Israeli companies traded on NASDAQ and the Israeli stock market." (Chambers Global)
"Head of the firm's international capital markets group Tuvia Geffen is well regarded in the market. He is described by sources as a "great lawyer" and a "deal maker." (Chambers Global)
"Tuvia Geffen is described by market sources as a "really impressive lawyer." He has a varied practice and skill set with notable experience on M&A, capital markets and technology-related mandate." (Chambers Global)
"Tuvia Geffen is a popular figure among international counsel - he is entirely bicultural: completely at home in the US and completely at home in Israel. His approach is very hands-on and commercial. He's very user-friendly." (Chambers Global)
"Tuvia Geffen is highlighted for his international work, and sources regard him as "just fantastic," "very practical", "hard-working and responsive," and "a fine, fine securities lawyer." (Chambers Global)
"Tuvia acts on high-value and high-profile M&A with an international scope, with his M&A experience complementing his capital markets practice, and private equity firms and technology companies are among his clients." (Chambers Global)
"Tuvia Geffen wins increasing recognition for his combined M&A and capital markets expertise." (Chambers Global)
- Corporate M&A (Israel), 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, and 2019 Chambers Global Practice Guide (co-author)
- The End of the External Director Era for Israeli Companies Publicly Traded on Wall Street (December 2015 (co-author with Prof. Assaf Hamdani))
- Waiting for the NASDAQ IPO Window to Open, Globes (November 2010)
- Underwater Options, The Marker (November 2008)
- Should VC Directors on Public Boards Run for the Exit? Israel Venture Capital & Private Equity Journal (June 2007)
- Collarless Mergers, The Marker (July 2001)
- Alternatives to Incorporating in Delaware, The Marker (August 2001)
- Enforcing Tyson Foods’ Marriage (Merger) Proposal, The Marker (August 2001)
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Nasdaq-listed Check Point Software Technologies in its acquisitions of Avanan, Dome9 Security, Spectral, Protego Labs, Odo Security, Cymplify, ForceNock, Lacoon Mobile Security, and Hyperwise Security.
- Represented Nasdaq-listed Wix.com in its acquisitions of DeviantArt, InkFrog, Gefen Team Agency, and Flok.
- Represented Nasdaq and LSE-listed Tremor in its acquisitions of Amobee from Singapore-based Singtel, Unruly from LSE-listed News Corp, Germany-based Spearad, Tremor Video's demand-side platform from NYSE-listed Telaria, Japan-based Adinnovation and AreaOne.
- Represented LSE-listed Taptica International in its £300 million public merger with LSE-listed and US-based RhythmOne plc.
- Represented CB4 in its sale to NYSE-listed The Gap.
- Represented Nasdaq-listed Commex Sport Technologies (fka SlingerBag) in its $82 million acquisition of PlaySight Interactive.
- Represented Frontier Growth in its acquisition of Odoro and in the sale of Clearwave and Odoro to Great Hill Partners.
- Represented Nasdaq-listed Kamada in its $145 million acquisition of a portfolio of FDA plasma-derived hyperimmune commercial products from Saol Therapeutics.
- Represented 4iG and Hungaro DigiTel in their controlling stake investments in TASE-listed Spacecom (NIS 220 million).
- Represented FIMI Private Equity in the sale of its controlling stake in Nasdaq-listed Gilat Satellite to Phoenix Insurance Company.
- Represented Special Committee of Nasdaq-listed Optibase in its $90 million going private tender offer.
- Represented Nasdaq-listed Gilat Satellite in its $577 million public merger with Nasdaq-listed Comtech Technology (aborted).
- Represented FIMI Private Equity in controlling stake investments in Nasdaq-listed Kamada and LSE-listed Amiad Water Systems.
- Represented Nasdaq-listed Cardiovascular Systems in its acquisition of the assets of TASE-listed Allium Medical.
- Represented Nasdaq-listed Masco in its acquisition of SmarTap.
- Represented China-based Luenmei Quantum Co (listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange) in an investment and joint venture with Mantis Vision.
- Represented Nasdaq-listed EZchip Semiconductor in its sale to Nasdaq-listed Mellanox Technologies ($811 million) and in its acquisition of US-based Tilera Corporation ($130 million).
- Represented Nasdaq-listed FLIR Systems in its acquisition of DVTEL.
- Represented TASE-listed Shikun & Binui in its sale of the Operator of the Hadera Water Desalination Facility to IDE Technologies and in the sale of the North Highway Project.
- Represented LSE-listed Plus500 Ltd. in its merger with LSE-listed Playtech plc ($750 million) (aborted).
- Represented global private equity firm TPG in its acquisition of iMDsoft.
- Represented TASE-listed Solbar Industries in its sale to Nasdaq-listed CHS Inc.
- Represented Starhome (a subsidiary of Nasdaq-listed Comverse) in its sale to Fortissimo Capital.
- Represented US Quarts Products in its sale to Nasdaq-listed Caesarstone.
- Represented NASDAQ-listed RR Media in its acquisitions of Satlink Communications, London-based JCA TV, Virginia-based Sm2 Sports & Media, the Emek Ha'ela Teleport, and the Hawley Teleport in Pennsylvania.
- Represented NASDAQ-listed Waters Corporation in its acquisition of the distribution unit of TASE-listed Medtechnica.
- Represented LSE-listed Marimedia in its acquisition of Taptica.
- Represented Kardan Technologies in its merger of FIS Software and IDIT Technologies with Nasdaq-listed Sapiens Technologies.
- Represented Nasdaq-listed EMC in its acquisition of nLayers and Kashya.
- Represented TASE-listed Solbar Industries in its acquisition of a soy plant in Nebraska.
- Represented Tremor International in its $1.5 billion NASDAQ IPO led by RBC and Stifel ($130 million)
- Represented NASDAQ-listed Wix.com in its 144A Convertible Notes Offering led by J.P. Morgan, Bank of America, and Morgan Stanley ($575 million).
- Represented the initial purchasers in NASDAQ/TASE-listed NICE's 144A Convertible Notes Offering led by BofA, Citi, and Morgan Stanley ($460 million).
- Represented the initial purchasers in NASDAQ/TASE-listed Nova Measuring's 144A Convertible Notes Offering led by BofA and Citi ($200 million).
- Represented the initial purchasers in NASDAQ-listed CyberArk Security's 144A Convertible Notes Offering led by Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Barclays, and Citi ($575 million).
- Represented NASDAQ-listed Wix.com in its 144A Convertible Notes Offering led by J.P. Morgan, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, and Barclays ($442 million).
- Represented Plus500 in its Listing on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange ($2.5 billion market cap) and in a series of secondary offerings ($625 million).
- Represented FIMI in share offering by NASDAQ-listed Kamada.
- Represented Tremor in London Stock Exchange share placing to News Corp.
- Represented Guggenheim and Oppenheimer as underwriters in the public offering of NASDAQ-listed Vascular Biogenics.
- Represented Connexa Sports Technologies in its share exchange with PlaySight Interactive and in its Nasdaq IPO.
- Represented LSE-listed Amiad Water Systems in its TASE IPO.
- Represented stockholders in the NASDAQ IPO of LogicBio Therapeutics ($70 million).
- Represented Taptica International in London Stock Exchange primary and secondary offerings ($125 million) and HSBC bank financing ($30 million).
- Represented Gilat Satellite in NASDAQ/TASE Global Rights Offering.
- Represented Magal Security in NASDAQ Global Rights Offering.
- Represented Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Barclays, Merrill Lynch, and UBS as underwriters in CyberArk Software's NASDAQ IPO ($100 million) and in a series of secondary and follow-on offerings ($600 million).
- Represented Marimedia in London Stock Exchange IPO ($50 million).
- Represented Plus500 in London Stock Exchange IPO ($75 million).
- Represented AudioCodes in NASDAQ follow-on offering ($35 million).
- Represented controlling shareholder in Macrocure's NASDAQ IPO ($55 million).
- Represented Citi and Deutsche Bank as underwriters in the NYSE IPO of Gazit-Globe ($90 million).
- Represented Imperva in NYSE IPO ($85 million).
- Represented EZchip Semiconductor in NASDAQ secondary offering ($50 million).
- Represented the underwriters in the NASDAQ secondary offering of On Track Innovations.
- Represented AudioCodes in NASDAQ debt tender offer ($125 million).
- Represented the selling shareholders in MediaMind NASDAQ IPO ($65 million).
- Represented LanOptics in NASDAQ secondary offering ($30 million).
- Represented Citi, Deutsche Bank, and Goldman Sachs as underwriters in the NYSE IPO of Cellcom ($400 million).
- Represented RRsat in NASDAQ IPO ($50 million).
- Represented Tel Aviv Stock Exchange in capital markets matters.
LL.B. (cum laude), The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1995)
LL.M., University of Chicago Law School (1997)
New York State (1998)
10 August 2023Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises Check Point on $490 Million Acquisition of Perimeter 81
27 April 2023Naschitz Brandes Amir Partners Author Israel Chapter for Chambers Global Practice Guide: Corporate M&A 2023
12 March 2023Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises Gilat Satellite Networks on Signing Definitive Agreement to Acquire DataPath, Inc.
25 July 2022Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises Tremor and Unruly on $239 Million Acquisition of Amobee
27 April 2022Naschitz Brandes Amir Lawyers Co-author Israel Chapter for 2022 Corporate M&A by Chambers and Partners
14 April 2022Naschitz Brandes Amir Recognized in The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
22 February 2022Naschitz Brandes Amir Practices and Attorneys Recognized in Chambers Global 2022
02 February 2022Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises Check Point Software Technologies on Acquisition of Spectral
22 November 2021Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises Kamada on Acquisition of a Portfolio of Four FDA-Approved Commercial Products
19 October 2021Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises Tremor Video and Unruly on Acquisition of Spearad
12 October 2021Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises 4IG Nyrt and Hungaro Digitel Kft on Acquisition of Spacecom Control
12 October 2021Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises Slinger on $82 Million Acquisition of Playsight
04 October 2021Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises CB4 on the Acquisition by Gap
01 September 2021Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises Amiad Water Systems on Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Listing.
30 August 2021Naschitz Brandes Amir Advises Check Point Software Technologies on Acquisition of Avanan